International work permits OISC ILPA

Employers' work permits

As specialists in assisting companies with UK work permits, we offer a three stage process for the sponsoring employer. The applicant also requires specific skills to fulfil a vacancy that cannot be filled by a resident worker in order to obtain work permits under either the Business and Commercial Tier 1/Tier 2, Training and Work Experience (TWES) and shortage occupations visa categories.

Stage One

Obtain initial approval for the work permit from Work Permits UK and apply for the candidate's Further Leave to Remain or assist in obtaining Entry Clearance.

Stage Two

Upon expiry of the work permit, we will assist the employer in the obtaining of extensions for permits or transfers if there is to be a change of employer.

Stage Three

Following the completion of the 5 years working in the UK, we will then assist the work permit holder to obtain full UK residency status and in due course UK citizenship.
We want to give you a service that is as effective as possible - and at a reasonable price. Our clients range from Large Multi-National Corporations to small organisations growing their UK presence. We also specialise in relocating employees to the UK branch of their employer [Intra-Company transfers]

UK Work Permit Information for Employees

A UK Work Permit is usually obtained by a company willing to sponsor a non-EU national. We can assist with the Work Permit process if you already have a UK employer that is prepared to make you a job offer. If you already have a job offer from a UK employer then please feel free to contact us for more information about gaining a UK Work Permit.

In some instances, the employer does not wish to go through the relevant channels in order to sponsor someone, however, we can assist them in this to make the transition as easy as possible. However, the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) was created whereby no prior job offer is required. You will need to be highly skilled (at least a UK equivalent Bachelors degree qualification) and should assess yourself to see if you have the minimum 75 points required to qualify for the HSMP visa (we can do this for you). Under HSMP, you have the option to work for any employee or even to be self employed.

If you are a national of a country belonging to the British Commonwealth, the Working Holiday Maker Scheme may allow you up to 2 years to live and work in the UK. The Working Holiday Visa, however, does not count towards UK Residency, whereas the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (UK HSMP Visa and Employer Sponsored UK Work Permit do count towards UK Residency.

Under an employer sponsored work permit, if you want to change jobs, a new work permit must be obtained through us and the prospective employer. This transfer process is much easier than your first application as long as the applicant still qualifies and the work permit is for a similar job [no advertising requirements in this instance].

Employers are sometimes reluctant due to not understanding the UK work permit system, so rather than accepting that they are not willing to employ non-EU nationals discuss the above options with them. If that fails do not panic, ask them to contact us – all enquiries are Free and by registered specialists!

Click here for a FREE, No-Obligation Assessment to see if you qualify and to initiate the application.