International work permits OISC ILPA

How do I qualify as a working holidaymaker?

You qualify as a working holidaymaker if:

  • you are a Commonwealth citizen, a British Dependant Territories citizen, British Overseas citizen or a British National (Overseas)
  • you are aged 17 to 30 years of age (inclusive)
  • you want to come to the UK for an extended holiday, and intend to take employment as part of your holiday for no more than 12 months during your stay
  • you do not intend to engage in business or work as a professional sports person during your stay
  • you are single or are married to a person who also qualifies as a working holidaymaker and you plan to take the working holiday together
  • you do not have any dependent children who are aged five years or over or who will be five before you complete your holiday
  • you can support and accommodate yourself in the UK without help from public funds
  • you have not spent time in the United Kingdom on a previous working holidaymaker visa
    -and you plan to leave the UK at the end of your holiday.

You must get a visa before you travel to the UK as a working holidaymaker.

Click here to email a representative that deals in this alternatively, please call our office.
When on a Working Holiday Maker, we may be able to assist you to switch to another suitable Visa such as the Highly Skilled Migration Programme [HSMP]

Note: Applicants on a Working Holiday Maker can not switch to a Business and Commercial Work Permit unless they fall under the shortage occupation list.

Call us or complete our contact from for free, no-obligation assistance