International work permits OISC ILPA

Marriage Visa

A marriage visa in the UK enables a person to apply for leave to enter the UK or leave to remain on the basis that they are married to a person who is present and settled in the UK.

Initially a UK marriage visa is issued for a two year period. After this time a person can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). In some cases settlement entry clearance may be granted allowing a partner to stay in the UK permanently; however this is only applicable to a person who has been married and living abroad with their spouse for four years at the time they apply for entry to the UK.

Eligibility Criteria :

Age - The applicant must be 16 years of age or over and the partner with settled status in the UK must be 18 years of age or over.

Relationships To be eligible for the marriage based visa partners must:
  • be legally married to each other and plan to live together
  • have met each other
  • can be supported by themselves without recourse to public funds
  • have adequate accommodation where dependants can live without recourse to public funds.

Contact us and we can assist – as this is an important step in your life and you will want to get it right first time.

Call us or complete our contact from for free, no-obligation assistance